Monday, January 4, 2010

Skin Conditions


"Don't let the bed bugs bite" - old saying
I was never cut out to be a doctor. While dissecting animals never bothered me, I am squeamish about photos of human medical conditions. Never-the-less I'm going to recommend viewing this site http://www.medicinenet.com/skin_problems_pictures_slideshow/article.htm. It contains 22 images of common skin problems like poison ivy, hives, and ring worm. Very useful to know next time your skin looks unusual.
Bottom Line
I found this site while trying to identify a skin condition on my leg. Several lines of red dots, fairly evenly spaced. Is my cat scratching me at night? Nah. The nearest example I could find online is bed bugs which I pray it is not. Bed bugs are hard to kill once they infest. Another site said see a Dermatologist ASAP because this could be an allergic reaction or parasite. So off to the doctor I go...
And the answer is - eczema, a dry skin rash. The straight line of dots is the rash following scratch marks according to the dermatologist. My wife says, "I told you so" and this will be one expensive rash when we get the doctor's bill.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home