Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Data Loss

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey"~Kenji Miyazawa

In memory of my C: drive at the office which has died, I offer The five stages of data-loss grief from MSNBC.com:

Stage one: Denial
"No. This can't be happening. Maybe if I reboot again it'll work."

Stage two: Anger
"I've lost everything! I'm so mad. Why didn't I backup the files?"

Stage three: Bargaining
"Maybe I can download some software and try to recover some files. Or perhaps hire someone for file recovery?"

Stage four: Depression
"My email, my photos! Gone forever. I can never replace them."

Stage five: Acceptance
"I promise I'll back up everything in the future"

Bottom Line
Data loss eventually strikes. Prepare for it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home