Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Open 23 Hours, 30 Minutes

I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said,
'Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours.'
He said, 'Yes, but not in a row.'
- Steven Wright
The Cosumerist shares a letter from a reader about his visit to a 24-hour McDonalds only to be told they were not taking orders from 4-4:30 am as they did cleaning. In general I find most 24-hour stores to be a bad idea. I hate grocery shopping while the aisles are clogged with pallets of items waiting to be stocked. Or shopping at a 24-hour store but find the Deli, Meat & Seafood sections are not 24-hour and have closed.

Bottom Line

I would prefer a store to be open, clean and accessible during "extended" business hours but shut the doors to the public while they clean and restock in the wee hours of the night. What's your opinion on 24-hour businesses?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger kdonat said...

I agree with you. Even when I worked late or night shifts, I rarely entered a 24hour facility later than 10pm or before 7am. Even then, I found the "characters" that were also shopping or just hanging out between 10p and 7am were a little creepy to put it nicely. I would encourage anyone with small children to be prepared in advance for fevers, coughs, diarrhea so as not to be making a trip in the middle of the night for supplies. It's stress enough when the babies and sick. A prepared parent has less stress. And that's what this is all about....being prepared.

September 14, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home