Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Overused Resume Words

"I do not believe we can repair the basic fabric of society until people who are willing to work have work.  Work organizes life.  It gives structure and discipline to life." ~Bill Clinton
If you are looking for a new job this new year, you might want to improve your resume by pulling out buzzwords that have lost their punch. The job hunting social network, LinkedIn.com, looked at the 85 million resumes of its members and discovered the top ten phrases that are the most used in America.

1. Extensive experience
2. Innovative
3. Motivated
4. Results-oriented
5. Dynamic
6. Proven track record
7. Team player
8. Fast-paced
9. Problem solver
10. Entrepreneurial

Bottom Line

If you use any of these phrases, find a substitute. Please send me suggestions. I use several of these cliches myself.

And check out LinkedIn.com. Most (all?) of my interviews came through applications via LinkedIn. I got nothing from resumes sent to companies online or in answer to want ads.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home