Friday, April 22, 2011

New Ideas for the Grill

“Kids are wonderful, but I like mine barbecued.”
- Bob Hope
I love BBQ. There's something primitive and satisfying about food grilled or roasted over a flame. And I thought I knew a thing or two about grilling technique. But MensHealth.com has some ideas that never occurred to me. Supposedly the article is about how healthy grilled foods can be but I'm enjoying the pictures and recipes.

1. Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Breast
What a simple idea for the grill. Add some cheese and you have an inside-out chicken-cordon-bleu. My fear would be burning the prosciutto while waiting for the chicken to cook completely through.

2. There are several ideas for grilled fruit. Cubed Watermelon served with feta cheese. Grilled apricots halves served with yogurt, grilled pineapple slices with ice cream. There was also strawberry shortcake where the shortcake was grilled.

3. Grilled cheese. I've never heard of Haloumi cheese but this I want to try.

4. Grilled pizza!

Bottom Line

What's your favorite recipe for the grill?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home