Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Food to prevent Heartburn?

The exact opposite from yesterday's post, here are 13 foods that fight acid refluc according to Health magazine.
  1. Oatmeal  (I recommend steel-cut, not flaked or instant)
  2. Ginger (in moderation).  very surprised this is viewed as calming instead of inflammatory
  3. Aloe Vera - i've used it on cuts but never tried eating it
  4. Salad - (hold the onions and tomatoes, fatty cheese & creamy dressing) - I have found my stomach did well with a lot of salads
  5. Bananas - low acid value great for 99% of GERD sufferers. I used to eat a banana a day and stopped recently for a low carb diet. Now my GERD is acting up. Perhaps I need that daily banana.
  6. Melon
  7. Fennel - I had some for lunch today
  8. Chicken & Turkey (skin free)
  9. Fish & seafood (never fried)
  10. Roots & Greens (Cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, etc)
  11. Celery - boring but filling
  12. Parsley - "For thousands of years, parsley has been used as a medicinal herb to settle the stomach and aid digestion".  We grow this outside. I'll have to eat more of it.
  13. Couscous & rice - I do find I do better with rice

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home