Sunday, November 9, 2008

Escaped rhino drill at Japanese zoo

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I don't know."
- Groucho Marx in Animal Crackers, 1930
How do you handle an escaped rhinoceros? For the answer check out this YouTube video of a zoo drill in Japan. (Via BoingBoing.net and Arbroath).



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgHQfxT7ImI

Bottom Line

While I doubt most people need to prepare for escaped rhinos, I included this clip to demonstrate the value of drills and especially drills well done. While the fake rhino with two men inside is rather cute, it does show the size of the beast and gives the zoo staff practice with crowd control, herding the rhino with sticks and staying out of the way. I'm sure the staff will learn much more from this drill than from a lecture or written instructions.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rockford said...

The Toughskin Rhinoceros Wrangler Company is ready for this RhinoWrangler

February 9, 2012 at 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home