Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What’s Important in Your Wallet?

“The trouble with being punctual is that people think you have nothing more important to do.” - anon
Here’s an old posting from Code Name Insight that I’ve been saving for a rainy day.
Poll: What's The Most Important Thing You Carry With You?
Our last poll about the most important thing that you carry with you on a daily basis turned up some interesting information. People's most important item--a pocket knife (15 people), was followed by a cell phone (11 people), a firearm (7 people), money/credit card (3 people), and lastly "other" (2 people).
I think it’s important to remember that this poll asked for items of “Every day” importance. I do have a mini-knife and pocket tool-kit in my carrying case but I’ve used it maybe once to open up the plastic shell of something I had bought. There are other things I carry every day in my business “bag” that get used far more often:

1. Cell phone – definitely useful every day and for emergencies. Consider a prepaid phone if the cost of a monthly plan is outside your budget.
2. Subway maps of NYC (when I worked in NYC)
3. A breath spray (when I was interviewing)
4. Antacids (for my stomach), substitute here any medication that is vital to you
5. A first aid kit (rarely used but important to have); I also carry one pair of rubber gloves and a CPR mask so I can give 1st Aid and not catch Aids.
6. An eye-glass repair kit.

What do you carry that you consider essential?

Bottom Line

Preparation should cover everyday life, not just possible emergencies.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home