Friday, May 15, 2009

Home Remedies

“My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave
me six months more.” - Walter Matthau
Check out the interesting list of home remedies at Home Remedies That Work. I'm not a doctor and can not vouch for the list but the ideas look reasonable and many I've read about elsewhere.

Here are some that I'd be willing to try:
  • Milk of Magnesia to stop the itch from mosquito bites, poison ivy and poison oak
  • Cover a cut with a dab of honey (anti-bacterial) and place a band-aid over it
  • Coca-cola to remove rust
  • Remove a small splinter with a dab of Elmer's glue. Let it try and pull off.

Bottom Line

During a crisis medicine could be hard to obtain. In addition to a well stocked first aid cabinet at home, a list like Home Remedies That Work can help when supplies are low and you need to be creative.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home