Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The 5 Most Dangerous Tools at Home

"All things are difficult before they are easy" - Thomas Fuller

While I'm in favor of preparedness I'm sorry to say that my handyman skills are rather lame. Usually my wife takes the lead in any home repairs or home projects - except electrical. She fears working with electricity while I enjoy it.

Now I've found an article that highlights why I dislike home repairs - fear of harm! Popular Mechanics has published, The 5 Most Dangerous Tools, And How to Use Them Safely. The dangerous tools are:

  • Table Saws
  • Nail Guns
  • Chain Saws
  • Ladders
  • Circular Saws

Bottom Line

Always use tools safely. For example my wife and I always work together when using a ladder - I'm on top and she's making sure the ladder is stable. To learn more about the tools above check out the Popular Mechanics article above and this article: 5 Household Tasks You Definitely Should Not Try Alone at Home. (Advanced electrical work, advanced plumbing, tree cutting, roofing, and removing walls)

You can also find lots of advice on the Internet for proper tool usage.

eHow: www.ehow.com/articles_2445-remodeling-tools-equipment.html
wikiHow: www.wikihow.com/
expert village: www.expertvillage.com/about_9_home-garden.htm

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home