Wednesday, December 15, 2010

30 Things I Wish I’d Done Before I Turned 30

“Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made. Our times are in his hand who saith, 'A whole I planned, youth shows but half; Trust God: See all, nor be afraid!'” - poet Robert Browning
There's a charming blog post on www.thefrisky.com/ called 30 Things I Wish I’d Done Before I Turned 30.

There are traditional items ...
1. Gotten Pregnant
2. Traveled Europe
9. Hitched Myself

Some intellectual goals ...
5. Earned a Ph.D.
26. Read Moby Dick. Or War and Peace. Or Anna Karenina

Skills never learned...
11. Learned a Foreign Language
29. Learned How to Cook

Lost opportunities ...
19. Spent More Time with People Who Died
20. Attended More Weddings 25. Competed in the Olympics

Fun Things Never attempted...
7. Acted in a Movie
12. Dyed My Hair Some Insane Color
13. Gotten More Tattoos
24. Learned How to Surf

Health: Body and Soul...
10. Taken Better Care
14. Volunteered More
17. Ran a Marathon
18. Been More Spiritual
21. Gotten a Boob Job
23. Mastered Yoga

And Psychological Goals...
22. Figured Out Who I Was
27. Got Over Turning 30
28. Conquered My Fear of Heights
30. Stopped Making Lists

Bottom Line

What would your list include of things you didn't do when younger? Some thing are never too late to start like
16. Started My Own Small Business

I'll close with some lyrics from a favorite song - Both Sides Now

So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way
...
But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home