Monday, May 18, 2009

Everyday Emergencies

“One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem
before it becomes an emergency.” - Arnold H. Glasgow

Today my wife & I were visiting the local boat club and I kept thinking:
  • The sun on the water sure is bright; if only I had a hat
  • This wind that blew in quite chilly; if only I had a jacket
  • I can't find any matches in the boat club, how will I start the BBQ?

It wasn't until I got back to my car that it dawned on me, I have a 72-hour kit in my car trunk. It has matches, hat, warm clothes, etc, that I'm saving for an emergency. It's sitting there waiting for a crisis while I get a sunburn or hypothermia or go hungry.

Bottom Line

Don't let your 72-hour kit go to waste. The same supplies that you're saving for a natural disaster might also make your life more comfortable during minor everyday emergencies.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home